Search This Blog

Monday, May 11, 2009

The preparation into making a game winning pass and shot

"You have to be focused, you have to understand the moment, the clock, and basically think without thinking and just shoot it," Davis said. "Every time I shoot, I see myself making game-winning shots. If you see it, you believe it. You shoot millions of shots like that, and every time you shoot it, you believe you're going to make it. And when I shot it, I didn't even hesitate. It was just a feel."

Here is an article about Davis getting extra reps in during the optional morning shootaround.


I like this quote from Doc:

“You know, the pass was just as good as the shot for me,” coach Doc Rivers said after his team’s 95-94 victory. “We have a saying: Trust the pass. Trust the pass. Our best player trusted the pass. He may have made a shot, but Dwight Howard was in his face. Baby was open. He trusted the pass and Baby knocked down the shot.”