Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Improving leadership through hard work

One common theme for young players is that when they find success, whether it is winning an award or just being a starter, they tend to believe they have 'arrived'. That is not the case with Bulls point guard Derrick Rose, who was Rookie of the Year. Rose wants to be a better leader, despite only being 19 years old. Here is an except from the Chicago Tribune:

"I need to work on my jump shot, my defense and becoming a leader. I've got to lead the team better. I've got to control the game a little more as a point guard. I'm still a point guard. I can't come down and shoot seven shots in a row. I still have to look for people and get them open."

"I can be great next season. I think leading will be much easier because I learned so much this season. I put myself in a good position. I came in, played my role as a rookie, listened to my veterans and led by my work ethic. There's always room for improvement. I plan to work so hard, you'll be able to tell I got better."