Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Scoring hasn't been Miller's priority with Wolves, yet


Good article on how Mike Miller is being a great teammate this preseason in his first year with the Minnesota Timberwolves. I have posted before on his attitude and work ethic being tremendous over his 9 years in the NBA.


Miller is trying to get his teammates involved during this preseason, choosing to defer to his teammates offensively. Miller knows he can score, which is one reason he is allowing others to do so. (This is evidence of his ability to score)


"I've done it a long enough time now," he said. "I've had years when I've scored a lot of points. There are going to be times when I'll score a lot of points this year. We've got enough scorers. That's not going to be a problem. Passing is contagious. My job right now is to get the ball hopping. I'll get the ball in the hole when they need me to, but I'm going to make plays for other people because that's going to be my job a lot this year."


Teammate Randy Foye says:

"I come down and pass the ball to him: I want that assist because he's wide open at the three and he passes the ball to Big Al," Foye said, smiling. "I know what he's trying to do. He's trying to build a relationship with all of us. During the season, I think he'll take those shots.

"Right now, he's trying to learn us and at the same time we're trying to learn him."