Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Billups runs Nuggets to 2-0 lead over Hornets

Big win for Denver last night as they once again controlled the Hornets from the opening tip for a 108-93 victory. I wrote earlier in the week on the importance of Nuggets point guard Chauncey Billups. Here are some post game comments:

Denver coach George Karl:
"He's very skilled. But he plays the game without skills a lot. He plays the game with a brain, and a teamness, a point guard leadership. Then he figures out when to put the skills in the game.
Hornets forward David West:
"We have to make life more difficult for him, make him play under a little more duress," West said. "He does too good a job of getting his team into what needs to be run. He won't allow them to take bad shots. He's controlling that team over there. He doesn't allow them to get out of sorts. He doesn't allow them to get out of control. He has them in control from start to finish.
"He can dominate the game. He is pretty tough to deal with."
Says Billups:
"I've always kind of been a safe player. I don't take that many chances if I don't have to," Billups said. "I try to make the right play. I don't always make the right play but I try to. I try to think the game out, but I'm in a nice little groove right now and guys have been playing great around me.