Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2010

Playoff Time Brings the Best Out of Warner


“Playoff time is just special, and it’s different. I said that to somebody last week, ‘It’s time to elevate, it’s time to raise that standard.’ You have to bring your game up. You have to bring up your consistency level. There is something about knowing that this is it, that every game you could be going home, that it’s just more fun. It’s more exciting.
“You don’t get a second chance. You don’t get another opportunity. This is it. So, you better bring it every time, and lay it all on the line. To me, that’s fun. Having the success that I’ve had, it even pushes more in that direction. I’ve accomplished the ultimate goal in this business, and I really don’t have anything else I play for. It’s all I play for every year.
“I don’t care about the stats. I don’t care how many touchdowns I end up with. I want to win a championship, so that’s fun. When you get here, it’s like throw everything else aside and forget what we’ve ever done. It starts right now and you see how long you can keep it going.”
-Kurt Warner