Search This Blog

Sunday, July 5, 2009

100 % all the time

Jeff Garcia, the 39-year-old Oakland Raiders QB, is No. 2 on the depth chart and working on a one-year deal, but that doesn't mean he's conceding anything to starter JaMarcus Russell.

"Not knocking JaMarcus or anybody else on the team, but I just have a belief in my own abilities; those things have me feeling that I am the best quarterback on the team. That's just how I approach the game. That's how I approach my situation."

"I have a certain work ethic that is a part of me. When I step on the field, there is no 50%. It's 100% all the time. It's sprinting from drill to drill. It's doing everything full speed. It's, when I throw an incomplete pass, showing that I care that I threw an incomplete pass. Not just, 'Oh, shucks, I just didn't throw the ball as well.' I'm very critical of myself. Because I'm critical of myself . . . that's where I feel I help myself."

"When I come into a situation, I feel like I inspire people."