Search This Blog

Friday, March 27, 2009

Villanova turns up defense on Duke



By this time of the year, the teams that play great defense are still playing. As I posted earlier this week, Villanova is thriving on great team defense as was the case last night in their 77-54 victory over Duke in the Sweet Sixteen:

"That's the best I've seen all year," said Henderson of teams defending him. "Different teams attack it with help side and I do anticipate somebody else coming at me to take away my drive. But they did the best I've seen this year. It was every time. It was tough for me to get my own shot."

"We talked all year how good this team could be, but everybody really did lock in on every possession," Wright said. "We've had a guy get tired and miss an assignment. We've had 12-point leads and relaxed. It's happened to us in a lot of games. We had a lead against Marquette and relaxed. We had a big lead against Louisville and relaxed. I'm trying to get them to understand what will make them a great team."