Search This Blog

Friday, November 28, 2008

New Jersey Nets' Harris no longer gets down on self for poor play



New Jersey point guard Devin Harris would be the first to tell you that he might not have been as mentally tough as he needed to be in his first couple years in the NBA. However, he is 'thinking foward' more and try to play through his mistakes. Here is a good article on his mental state right now & how he kept fighting through a rough game recently to help his team defeat the Kings on the road.

Says Harris: "It's good for me mentally, just knowing the first, second, third quarter, (that) I didn't have it," he said in the aftermath of the Nets' bizarre 116-114 overtime victory. "I could have beaten myself up easily. I've done it in the past, where I just totally locked down in the fourth quarter. But tonight wasn't the case. It was a good game for us mentally."

"Early on in my career, I would have just totally let down in that fourth quarter. But I can't afford that here," Harris said. "Guys are depending on me and I've got to deliver."