Search This Blog

Sunday, November 30, 2008

The "Glue Guy"


Tayshaun Prince was selected for the USA Basketball team this past summer not because he was one of the top 12 most talented players at the team tryouts, but due to his willingness to do the grunt work.

Said Prince, "You have to have guys that are willing to sacrifice and do some other things, and I definitely feel that I am that guy."

Coach K describes a glue guy as someone who always keeps the team together.

"He's the ultimate team player and a star. I don't want to reduce guys' egos and say, 'You're the 11th or 12th man.' I want them to be a star. And I'm not saying Tayshaun is the 11 or 12th man, but wherever we put him in the ballgame, we want him to come in with a high level of ego, worthy of championship team. He's a glue guy on the team."