Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"I Had to Be All-In"

Good article from Peter King of Sports Illustrated on the resurgence of Jets RB Ladainian Tomlinson

For 13 weeks this offseason, LaDainian Tomlinson got his mojo back while working out in the pastures of New Jersey That's where Tomlinson spent about 13 weeks this spring, getting his strength and explosion back after nagging toe and high-ankle-sprain bothered him for the last two years.

"I lost a lot of strength in the past couple of years with those injuries, and when you lose strength, you lose explosion," Tomlinson said from a very happy team bus after running for over 100 yards in defeating the Bills 38-14. "So the only way I was going to get back to where I needed to be was to be all-in to the offseason program. I moved to New Jersey and was there the first day of the program and stayed all the way 'til the end in June. If I'd stayed on the West Coast (where is home was), I'd never have been able to build the kind of chemistry I've built with these guys right now.