Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Taking his defense to the next level

Brandon Roy has received a challenge that he likes from his head coach Nate McMillan, to be 1st team All-NBA:

"You should make a goal to defend on a high level every night," Roy said McMillan told him. "Not only would it take us as a team to the next level, but it would take me to that next level as a player that I want to be at. This is just the next natural progression in my game. A lot of people may say I got my contract because of scoring. But I think I got my contract because I am all-around, I'm versatile, and I'm always looking for ways to improve my game."

Said coach Nate McMillan:

"All the good players who win big -- All-Stars who are not only All-Stars, but who win at a high level -- they all do that. We know that this was what he needed to do. He can do it. And he knows he can do it."