Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Putting in the Extra Time


From the KC Star:

Larry Fitzgerald is convinced that he would be a better-than-average NFL receiver had his path never crossed that of Todd Haley.

He is equally as certain he wouldn’t be a four-time Pro Bowler and one of the NFL’s premier players if not for their two seasons together with the Cardinals with Haley as offensive coordinator.

“I was a good player when he got here, but I was far from a complete player. I never watched film, I didn’t study my opponent. We started at 8 o’clock. I was getting in the building at 7:55. We were done at 3 o’clock, and I was out of the building at 3:05. I came to work and did my job, but that’s about it.

Todd made me understand that to be … a great player, you have to do more. You have to do extra. I’ve taken that to heart even since he’s left. I continue to do things he taught me: run routes after practice, catch extra balls.”